Pages

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME to do an inventory of your home! A FIRE can destroy your life in a flash. I would HATE to have ANYONE go through what I am going through!!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lasting Memories Challenge #33

HOWDY ALL!

Here is a layout I made for this weeks challenge "All about Journalling" over at Lasting Memories:
I just LOVE scrapping the "small" moments in my Grandkids lives. They are just SO CUTE! LOL! This is a PRIME example of a "small" thing. This is My Princess Abby, she had been in the hospital for a Viral Infection. The poor little thing was SO SICK and couldn't keep anything down for several days, and was just totally lifeless ( SO unlike her!). She was home from the hospital just a few days when she was nice and shared with her big Sister! SO, we didn't want Abby getting ANYTHING else, so she was brought down to spend a few days with me. The poor little thing was SO AFRAID to eat, but was HUNGRY! About every half an hour or so this was I heard, "Me-Ma, It's hungry, AGAIN!" SO CUTE!! I just LOVED the way she pointed to her belly. So of course, I took pics and here is my layout!

Here is a close-up of my flowers that I made, I just used flat lace and with needle and thread gathered it up to make them. I really like how they turned out:

The paper is from My Minds Eye Bella Bella Stack that my WONDERFUL Daughter bought for me! The flourishes are cut from the Serenade Cartridge, the Green Felt Leaves I have had like FOREVER, didn't know what to do with it, so I cut it up and made it work! LOL! The Me-Ma and again were cut from the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge. The white "it's" is from Basic Grey. The brown "HUNGRY" letters stickers, button and twine are from my stash. The Cream border is from a Border Swap from the S-n-C Yahoo group, THANKS Sue! The Butterfly rub-ons are from My Minds Eye Laundry Line.


I hope you play along this week with Lasting Memories! THANKS BUNCHES for stopping by and taking a peek!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kim and awesome to scrap that story

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layout Kim. poor baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby is so pretty....even with a pouty face! Gorgeous layout and I LOVE those flowers. I really need to get better with a needle and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful lo! What a sweet little girl. I hope she is doing better now. TFS.

    I am a brand new grandma! My son's wife had a little girl (Madison) in Feb and I can not wait to go see her at the end of this month. It will be so much fun to make a scrapbook of Madison when I return.

    Tami
    http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful page Kim. Great story behind it. I am glad the girls are all better now. Those flowers are fabulous. Great job. Thanks for joining the fun at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I love this!! I just showcased it on Lasting Memories. It's beautiful and lovely flowers!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! The flowers are wonderful! I am glad the girls are better. I have given you an award. Please go to my blog to pick it up. Congratulations! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page! Love the flowers and the butterfly! Such a cute photo too! Poor baby but such a sweet story! Seen this featured at Lasting Memories and I had to stop by to tell you how gorgeous this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, This is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! Pop on over to Lasting Memories .. we have a new badge for you to display!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, lovely layout and great pictures. Thanks for playing at Lasting Memories.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete