Pages

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME to do an inventory of your home! A FIRE can destroy your life in a flash. I would HATE to have ANYONE go through what I am going through!!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Easter Basket Tutorial

HOWDY ALL!

I was challenged to do a Tutorial to show how to make something, so after searching for ideas I came across several baskets. I figure with Easter just around the corner, I could make some baskets for my grandkids. I wanted to be able to use just one sheet of 12 x 12 paper, so here is how I made them:

For each basket you will need a 12" trimmer, 1 sheet of double sided 12 x 12 paper, 1-5 1/2 " square of cardboard, double sided tape, pencil, ruler, crop a dile, paper scorer, coordinating ribbon, 8 eyelets and 2 brads.
Cut your 12 x 12 paper into 2-5 1/2" x 12" strips and then you will have a 1" strip leftover for your handle.
use your pencil and make a mark 3 1/4" from each end, use your scorer or a ruler to fold these ends up.
Next mark holes about 1/4" from each side, you will have a hole on each corner of your 5 1/2" strips.
Add your eyelets to each hole, and make a mark in the center for you handle.
Put your cardboard in the center of your bottom piece, using your double sided tape.

Add your top piece and use your double sided tape to stick them together.

Use your coordinating ribbon to bring the sides together and tie in a knot, continue all the way around.

In each end of the 1" x 12" strip punch a hole, you will then attach your handle to your base with the brads.

And you have a nice basket to fill with grass and goodies. I plan on adding some pretties to the sides, to personalize for each of my grandkids.


Thanks for taking a look!
Have a GREAT Day,

Me Ma Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment