Pages

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME to do an inventory of your home! A FIRE can destroy your life in a flash. I would HATE to have ANYONE go through what I am going through!!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Layout of ME!

HOWDY ALL!

Well, I think things are getting back to "somewhat" normal! Last week was just a BLUR and I am SOOO HAPPY that it is OVER!

I HAD to clean my house yesterday, which is usually my play day in my Scrappy Room. I decided last night after the house was clean, dinner was done and the kitchen cleaned back up, it was time for some FUN!!

This week the challenge over at Lasting Memories was to create a layout about ME! WHEW, that was a task to try to find pics of JUST me, but I found some. Then I had to find me a sketch for my 3 pics, and I found this one over at Sketchabilities. Also, this week over at The Paper Variety, the challenge is Polka Dots, so I threw that in the works also! LOL!

Here is the sketch:
and here is my take, and I actually stayed pretty close to the sketch:
These pics were taken back in 2008 when I hosted a Scrappy weekend for some friends. There were 6 of us and we scrapped and had a BLAST. These are the pics of me opening some Hostess gifts from the girls! They SPOILED me!

Here are some close-ups of my flowers:


The background paper is some OLD stuff from CM and the rest is from my Stash of Scraps. I cut the flourish/leaves with MTC. The White Border is from a border swap that I was in, the flowers, bling and brads are from my stash.

I really like how this page turned out. Anyways, THANKS for stopping by!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Kim!!! LOVE this and wow, awesome take on that sketch!!! You rocked our challenge, once again!!! You look like you had a blast and sounds like a super fun wknd!!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

    Speaking of LM, I have a wee question for ya :)

    Would you be interested in a DT spot? We'd love to have you join us .. I was thinking you could join us starting May 15 for 4 weeks? Email me if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is gorgeous. The color combo is fabulous. I love how you made and incorporated them into the layout. Glad you got spoiled by the girls
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories
    Brend DTM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job getting 3 challenges into your layout! I've tried that in the past and usually can only do 2. I love the clean look of your green and white colors. Very pretty. The added pearls as accents is beautiful!! Really finishes it off! BEAUTIFUL stuff!! Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful LO Kim! Looks like alot of Fun! Thanks for sharing at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous Kim. I love the colors you used and the the flowers and bling are fabulous. I'm so glad you joined the Me challenge at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout. I like that you combined two challenges in one. Ya for efficiency!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout Kim....you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS IS Lovely!! Your color usage, is wonderful, and the way you incorporated all the pieces, is lovely!! Thanks for joining the, ME challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim I love the sketch you used and the way your lo turned out. I like the colors a lot and think it turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete