Pages

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME to do an inventory of your home! A FIRE can destroy your life in a flash. I would HATE to have ANYONE go through what I am going through!!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sketchy Thursday February Guest DT Challenge

HOWDY!
Here is my Layout for Sketchy Thursday Feb. Guest DT Challenge:
I had to take this sketch:
with this prompt: This month let's get nostalgic. Vintage-y. Bombshells, pin-ups, 1950s kitchens, wood-paneled Woodys, dress forms...you get the picture.
I didn't have anything that was REALLY vintage so I had to get creative with my embellishments, and I LOVED how this layout turned out.

Here is what I came up with:

Here is a close up of the title:
Here is a close up of the soap:
and THE BEST thing, the Leg Lamp:
The picture is of my granddaughters Cricket and Abby.
Journaling:
Christmas Morning while we were waiting for Danny, Sarah and the boys to arrive, I turned on the T.V. in the scrap room to keep the girls occupied. We came across "A Christmas Story" and decided to watch it. Cricket thought it was GROSS when Ralphie got his mouth washed out with soap, but thought the saying "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" was VERY funny.

Here's what I used:
The background paper is from the Imagine That Holiday Cheer Pack
all other paper is from Creative Memories, the lifebuoy soap and the newprint looking stuff I actually printed off from pics I found online, it was a paper from the mid 50's from Brooklyn. Printed it on white paper using only black ink and then distressed it to make it look old with a light brown chalk.
The Title and leg lamp were made using my Cricut Expressions!! I AM SO LOVING what I can do with that and a few computer programs! I added some Gem Stones from Hero Arts around the wreath in the title. Brads, buttons and trim are from my stash.
Thanks for taking a look!
Have a GREAT Day,

Me Ma Kim

3 comments: