Pages

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME to do an inventory of your home! A FIRE can destroy your life in a flash. I would HATE to have ANYONE go through what I am going through!!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sketchy Thursday Card

HOWDY!
Well, here I am posting another card! LOL! I didn't think I liked making cards, but they ain't so bad! This is the card I made using Sketchy Thursday's Card Sketch to hope to win me some Copics!! WOOHOO!! I have heard LOTS of "COOL" things about these markers, but with living here in the sticks I have never seen any in person. SO, I am a hoping and a praying that my number is the LUCKY one this week!

I had seen some flowers made from cardboard posted on one of the many Blogs that I read, and had to go back and try to find them. Well, I found them alright, they were on Tessa's Blog, she sells them in her etsy shop, and she is a member of Sketchy Thursday fabulous Design Team! HOW COOL!! I hope that she doesn't mind that I used her idea as inspiration to make a Poinsettia, this is the money card that I made and will be giving to my Daughter-in-law for Christmas. Her and my Son both asked for money and I know they can use it, so it's easy peasy shopping! LOL!


In the center of the Poinsettia I added a flower from my stash and then took needle and thread and stitched small glass beads for the center of the flower.

Here is the inside of the card, nice little envelope to "stash the cash":


Here is what I used:
cardboard from a box that was about to be thrown away
Paper from Creative Memories Starry Night Pack
Small flower, Ribbon and buttons from my stash
Glass beads from Fashion Accessories, purchased at Wal*Mart
Craft paint
Marshmallow Glimmer Mist
Thread

Thanks for taking a peek. Hope you have a GREAT Day!
I LOVE to know who visits, so please leave me a comment.
THANKS!

Me Ma Kim

3 comments:

  1. Oh my this is beautiful! I'm sure Tessa will be flattered! Thanks for playing along with us!

    Heidi, Sketchy Thursdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that turned out so nicely! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card, love the corregated look

    ReplyDelete